So why would you want to work for us? We’re a friendly and welcoming bunch at Stange who truly believe that you should love what you do. We encourage those who have a passion for the industry and help to further careers and training where we can to allow those who wish to progress both within their own development and within the company. Many front of house staff have gone on to take on management roles along with kitchen porters and introductory chefs taking on training and step up into a more hands on role in the kitchen. We have also had general managers step up into more senior operational roles within the whole company.
Recruitment is important to us and we always want to ensure that we hire the right people so that each member adds their own worth to the company creating a hard working and dedicated team.
Areas of employment
Within Stange and Co. there a number of roles with which you can join us:
- Front of House – working both on the bar and also serving food. In house training is given to all members of staff so whether you have worked on a bar or in a restaraurnt/pub before then we are on hand to teach you everything you need to know.
- Chefs/ Kitchen team – all levels of our kitchen team: kitchen porter, chef de partie, sous chef.
- Housekeeping – full time and part time daily staff as well as management positions
- Maintenance – Helping to keep the smooth operation of our pubs and inns
- Head Office – Areas of work: accounting, administration, human resources
- General Manager – You’ll be given plenty of say in how to run the place in your own style deciding on menus, wines, beers and of course your team – this obviously brings with it the challenge, responsibility and reward of running your own business.We’ll be right on hand to assist as and when you need us but we’re happy for our managers to try out new things and put their stamp on the place.
- Head Chef – Our head chefs have autonomy over their menu working closely with the general and operations manager to create a varied and seasonal menu. Our menus change regularly giving creative management to our head chefs. Our head chefs are also in charge of maintaining GP percentages, wage budgets and health and safety legislation.
- Assitant Manager – Assisting and deputising for the manager in the day to day operations. Be involved with development our menus, our wine lists, choosing beers, and training and developing the rest of our team.
- Duty Manager – Responsibilities will include serving customers with food and drink and supervising other members of staff.
Working for us also includes a number of employee benefits:
- Discounted accommodation rates at all company sites (50% off for staff, 25% off for close family and friends at the manager’s discretion)
- Food and beverage discount – 25% off food bill (up to 4 diners)
- Pension scheme – contributory group personal pension scheme
- Meals on duty (not including The Snowdon as no food is served)
- Live in accommodation (where applicable for managers)
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Travel and job swap opportunities within the company
- Flexible working hours
- Free car parking (where applicable)
- Earn up to £200 for recommending a friend to work for us
- Christmas staff social event
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays (full time staff)
We offer training to all new members of staff as well as continuous training where possible to help people further their careers. We are able to organise training in the below various areas:
- Beer and cellar management
- Food qualifications
- Health and safety
- First aid
- Customer service
- Bar management
- Wine & spirit education
- Barista courses
Another area that we are able to offer staff is a job swap, to go and gain experience and work at one of our other sites and learn from how other sites may do things a little differently from what you know.